Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My kids are smarter than me



A while ago Quentin announced he was going to sleep on top of his covers so he wouldn't have to make his bed in the morning. He really hates making his bed. True to his word, he always sleeps on top with only his little blankies to keep him warm. Here is the evidence from tonight. How come I never thought of this?

Hallee proved how sneaky she can be. So I was getting the kids ready for bed and had turned off all the lights in the house (this usually works pretty good). As I'm giving Quenting his goodnight kisses I notice Hallee has snuck out of the room. I go downstairs to find her sitting at the kitchen table in the dark, I thought she was finally finishing her dinner---"good girl" I thought. As I turned on the lights I saw she wasn't finishing her dinner, but had climbed up and opened a tupperware with cookies in it and was quickly finishing them off. I swept her up in my arms and began to march her back upstairs when she cried out "I dropped my car!" And sure enough, she had dropped her car. I put her down so she could go pick it up...I realized my mistake when she ran right past the car and picked up the last piece of cookie that had fallen from the tupperware onto the floor! As she shoved it into her mouth she said "ready for bed now" with her mischievous smile. As I yelled "you little sneak!" I heard Quentin laughing from upstairs in his bed.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Okay those are some beautiful stories, Kirty. Way to fall in the old trap of distracting the parents with something that is true, but is not the true intent.

Danielle said...

you do have some smart sneaky kids, hehe.. better watch out, they are only gonna get older, smarter and sneakier :D